The Google Drive is basically the cloud storage services of Google. Device storage is a new aspect which every user emphasises on. Because of which several companies develop their own cloud storage. Google has a lot more to offer to its users in the form of apps and software. One such creation is Google Drive However, Google Drive has some technical drawbacks as well. Google Drive failed network error is one of them. Take a look at this article to get rid of the failed network error Google Drive by yourself quickly.
What Makes Google Drive Failed Network Error
Google Drive is one of the most crucial software that you might require at regular intervals. An error with this disrupts your flow of work. Have a look at some of the causes by which you can resolve the problems regarding failed network error Google Drive.
- An issue with the internet connection of your system can lead to issues like this. Check whether the connections are working properly or not. If you find any difficulty with the internet connection, then contact your internet service provider.
- If the network adaptor of your computer is malfunctioning, then you might face Google Drive failed network error. Updating the Network Adaptor to the latest version can solve the problem.
- Moreover, if the Google Drive cache files are corrupted, then it will show these sorts of error messages. In that case, deleting the cache files can solve the problem.
- An error regarding Google Drive while downloading it can show errors. Make sure that you have a proper internet connection before you start downloading.
- Furthermore, if the Google Play Store is not updated, then you can face Google Drive download failed network error. Updating the Google Play Store might fix the glitch.
Troubleshoot Google Drive Failed Network Error Easily
A problem in Google Drive can sometimes make it unable to access the files stored inside it. This can be a headache for you. As a result, you need to fix the defects regarding Google Drive. Have a look at some of the easy hacks by which you can ward off the errors.
Deleting The Cache Files
The cache files might get corrupt due to several factors. This can damage the performance of Google Drive. Hence, deleting the cache files might solve the problem. Follow the steps carefully to delete the cache files. First, go to the Settings menu of your phone. Then, move to the Apps section. There you will find the option Installed Apps. Tap on that option. This will show all the apps that you currently have in your phone.
Now, locate the Google Drive option and select that. You will notice a button Clear cache. Tap on that button to clear the cache files of Google Drive. After that, restart your phone and see if the issue persists or not.
Update Network Adaptor
Sometimes the Internet Driver also known as the Network Adaptor can cause this defect. In such conditions, it is better to update the network adaptor of your system. First of all, press the Windows button from your keyboard. Then, in the search box type Device Manager and hit the Enter button. Select the Device Manager option from the Start menu. The Device Manager window shows up on the desktop.
There you will see all the drivers that your system is having. Find the Network Adaptor option. Right-click on the option and choose the Update option from the drop-down menu. This will update the Network Adaptor of your computer. Make sure that you have a proper internet connection. Wait for the procedure to complete. Then, reboot the computer and monitor if the problem is still occurring or not. If you still face issues move to the next troubleshooting measure.
Check The Internet Connection
The connection of the internet is another important thing while you open Google Drive. You need to check the connection of the internet. Verify if the conditions of the Ethernet cable are working fine or not. Change the cables if needed. Check the USB slots where the end of the Ethernet cable is connected to the computer.
An issue with the SATA ports can make it unable to connect to the internet. Therefore, change the USB ports if it is not working. Also, you need to analyse if you have given the right configuration for the internet which includes the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway. Now, restart your machine and see if the issue persists or not.
Update Google Drive
An outdated Google Drive can have issues with the app while you try to access the files from it. Hence, you need to perform an update which might resolve the glitch. Open the Settings menu from your phone. Then, go to the Apps category and select the option Installed Apps option.
There locate Google Drive and hold the option. Then, tap on the “Update” option to start updating the app. The internet connection should be strong during the process. Alternatively, you can also update Google Drive from Google Play Store also. After that, see if you still face Google Drive failed network error or not.
Clear The Temporary Files
If you are using a computer then clear the temporary files of your system. The temporary files can sometimes hamper the performance of Google Drive. Take the look at the steps to resolve on your own.
- Click on the Start menu situated at the extreme left part of the task bar. In the Start menu search box, type “Run” and hit the Enter button.
- Then, in the Run dialogue box type the following one by one: “prefetch”, “%tmp%”, “temp” and hit the Enter button.
- In the respective windows of “prefetch”, “%tmp%”, and “temp” select all the files by pressing the Ctrl and A keys simultaneously.
- Then, press the Shift + Del keys together to delete the temporary files permanently from the system.
- The Operating System will ask for the confirmation where click on the Yes button. Do this for all the folders and perform a restart of your machine. Now, see if the issue still occurs or not.
Avail The 24*7 Services Expert Services
There can be a possibility that you are not tech-savvy enough to deal with any technical glitches relating to Google Drive. In such cases, it is always safe to opt for the help of professionals. This is because you might have lots of important credentials in your Google Drive which might get lost.
The services of the Tech support team will always be the best option. You can call at their 24*7 customer care number to talk to the experts at any time. Moreover, you can also email them at their email ID. Also, you can use the Live Chat Portal to chat with the professionals. They will revert back to you soon.